July 15, 2008

heather balliet of amorology

If you read Style Me Pretty, you'll be familiar with Heather Balliet's beautiful work. I was immediately drawn to the details and flowers in this hot pink and orange wedding that's featured on her website. Heather started out her career in a non-profit organization counseling and assisting clients through crisis intervention, which seems like the perfect precursor to starting Amorology, her company in wedding design and event planning.

What an unexpected tie for a wedding, I love it!

"When my daughter Heather decided to turn her passion for wedding design into a full-fledged business and encouraged me to not only do what I love but turn it into a business with her, Amorology Weddings, and respectively Twigg Botanicals were born," says Robin Mathis, who did all the floral design for this wedding.


Don't forget to check out Heather's blog First Comes Love...Amorology. It's filled with behind-the-scenes tips and more Amorology weddings. I'm always curious why people start blogging and when I asked Heather she said, "I decided to start blogging to keep my brides in the loop with what I was doing and also as a type of journal for myself and place to gather ideas. I was really concerned in the beginning that it would be too time consuming to keep up with, amid all of the other planning and things that keep me busy from appointments to being a mommy of two! Any extra effort that it has taken though has definitely been worth it! It has been a wonderful avenue for making connections in the bridal industry and for exposing more of my work as well as that of my vendors too. It has been my best source of advertising so far! I love it!"

Thanks for all the inspiration Heather! All images by Jamie Hammond Photography.

No comments: