June 18, 2008

takapuna florist: pick me

Recently on a Saturday morning jaunt into Takapuna, a suburb in the North Shore City area of Auckland, Kyle and I ran across a great floral design shop - Pick Me. Fresh and modern, the tidy shop is owned by Gihan, a beautiful Australian woman who was gently tucking orchids into a vase as I snapped these shots...



Lush and bright, I love the way the flowers are displayed in vases in the front window clustered by color. Customers must have a great time smelling and gathering their flowers for a bouquet.


Another common practice in New Zealand is packaging spiral bouquets in a paper bag for delivery (stems wrapped in wet tissue, with no vase provided). This arrangement with tulips, orchids, stock, roses and leucodendron would be welcome on my doorstep any time.

No comments: