June 4, 2008

welcome!


For this first post, I thought I'd share a few images from an event I did the flowers for about 3 years ago - my wedding. While it was exhausting to do it all (I had help), it was also incredibly gratifying to see everything turn out beautifully. All images by YiMay Yang, a wonderful Austin-based wedding photographer and graphic designer.

I had started my floral design business, Pollen Floral Art, the year before, and I was part of a group of crafty ladies who are involved in everything from architecture to fine arts. I am inspired by that community and the ones emerging on Etsy, Flickr and the blogosphere. The future is bright with that kind of talent finding it's voice.

So, crosspollination is a way to share what I find particularly stylish and beautiful in the world of floral design, and hopefully it will inspire and inform. There will be interviews, peeks into floral shops and homes that use flowers well, product and book reviews, inspiration boards, coverage of floral trends and much more...

2 comments:

Tay said...

Congrats on the new blog, Brooke! It looks great so far and I am excited to see all the beautiful things i know you will share...

cheers,
Tay

Julie Christine Johnson said...

The new blog is beautiful, Brooke! I'm thrilled to see the brilliant colors- I feel your energy that is full of whimsy and passion, a sense of purpose and free-ranging creativity. I cannot wait to see what will bloom in your future.

Love, Julie